In which I read through the least-common search phrases for this site,
extract the noise from the signal, and then gripe about it.
- herpes triangle clarendon: This is the best suburb nickname
ever. "Doing anything this weekend?" "Oh, you know. Just heading out to
the Herpes Triangle, see what I catch."
- new invention of computer: Also "new invention of computer in
2008," because surprisingly the initial query was a little too general.
- there s this movie about these little gigo soldiers against this
monster toy: Aliens? Lord of the Rings?
- gay movie if you re still interested in this job you should drop
by my agence tomorrow.: I swear, people, I do not make these things
up. There's probably a Mansquito 2 joke in there somewhere,
- blackberry pin exchange myers-briggs: That probably makes you
an extravert. But that's just an intuitive feeling I've got, and could
be too judgemental.
- weirdo to trigger the subjunctive in french: An Onion
headline waiting to happen.
- tom friedman painted silver dead rabbit sugar cube: Try to
imagine the circumstances that led to this being typed into a search
engine. Either Matt Taibbi's off his meds again, it's the worst Eyes
Wide Shut deleted scene ever, or some newspaper research intern is
getting way overzealous while writing obituaries.
True fact: the top search phrase (not individual keyword, but actual
phrase) for MileZero.org is "music"--just the single word, all by
itself. This strikes me as a terrific act of faith. I can only imagine
the disappointment of the 325 people who typed that into Google and
ended up here as a result.