In anticipation of future FCC policies, I'd like to state up front that
I was not paid or bribed in any way for these links, which seems like an
awful shame, as well as a real opportunity for anyone with some extra
bribe money lying around.
- There's video from local b-boy battle-slash-arts-fair Crafty
(check the related section for more). I caught the first round of this
last week, and if I can find a partner, I'm entering next year.
- MobileActive has an overview of different setups for SMS
activism. Lots of good links there, including an SMS server/analysis
tool that runs on Android.
- John Robb theorizes that protest
is being militarized by governments that treat it as a national
security threat. This is not a good thing.
- This is your planet on climate change: Theatre of Inconveniences
drought in photos as part of a series on the impact of global
warming on wildlife.
- Ethan Zuckerman got eye surgery and somehow still managed to blog a
ton of incredibly insightful stuff. One of my favorite entries is The
Cloud and Useful Illusions, which discusses the ways that the
"cloud" metaphor invites us to ignore the underlying infrastructure and
politics, in both good ways and bad.
- YES IT IS A CAT
Internet Human Rights day, China! Let us know how that's working out
for you, if you can get past the firewall now that they're blocking