Did you know? Anyone who uses a name online taken from an Ayn Rand novel
has forever forfeited the right to be taken seriously. Now you know.
- The Buffalo Beast has posted its list of the Fifty
Most Loathsome People of 2006.
- Eventide, perhaps best known for fantastic harmonizers that cost
thousands of dollars, announced at this year's NAMM show that they're
going to be putting out a delay/looper. Music Thing found more
details. They have a really good reputation, and it has a lot of
knobs, but $500 is a lot of money for 12 seconds of loop time unless it
does something amazing. I'd rather spend that much money on a Lo Fi Loop Junky.
- Richard Dawkins' documentary, The Root of All Evil, can be
found online here.
If you don't like Dawkins, this won't change your mind, but I thought it
was pretty good.
Jackson sings the blues. He's promoting Black Snake Moan, a
film in which (and I am not making this up) he plays a blues preacher who,
after finding a drug-addicted nymphomaniacal teenager passed out in
the road, literally chains said teenager to his radiator and attempts to
reform her. I'm sure we can all find a Snakes on a Plane joke of
our own here.
- If Apple stabbed Leander Kahney in the chest with a rusty pitchfork,
he'd probably write a column titled Why
being stabbed in the chest with a rusty pitchfork is the best thing Apple
has ever done for me.
- The blog for the Castlevania animated movie, written by Warren
has opened here